NAIL POLISH: Easy Polka Dot French Tips


I love Sally Hansen's Mint Sprint. It's the polish that started my obsession. It's also very obvious that I like circles and dots and balls --- hmm, that last part sounds inappropriate. Or is it just me? LOL.

Anyway, I wanted a toned down look for a change though I'm not ready to give up bright summery colors just yet. I've worn this tip twice now, the first time on my 22nd birthday - yes, I don't look old, and I am very happy that I don't. It's the asianity. Haha. (...and yes, I am well aware that there is no such word X3)

So, here's what you do. I know it's pretty straightforward but what the heck. I like editing. O.o


Yes, my bottle of mint sprint is dying. I know, it's very sad. Of course, specially if you're using mint sprint don't forget to put a basecoat. I love it to death but I don't love the staining that comes after. Although I tried layering it with white polish before (on a full mani) and that seems to help.

Now c'mon people, gawk at the cutesy tips!

So, what's your favorite mint or mint-tinged polish?

8 comments

  1. Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet. Its such a happy looking shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, this is Mint Sprint - the insta-dri one. The Mint Sorbet is a lot lighter, but it is pretty too :3

      Delete
  2. If your polis is starting to get stringy and/or thick just buy some nail polish thinner. Saved my old polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of doing that, but I read it affects the drying time of fast-drying polishes :/

      Delete
  3. Just came across a post on Tumblr that recommended your blog for nail stuff, and I'm in love already! :) So cute and the photos are definitely worth the extra time ;D I'm obsessed with doing my nails and just looking for something for fall, so maybe i'll try a cute fall color for this style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and I think navy and darker teal colors are nice (or maybe that's just me, 'cause I'm more of a blue green person these days). :D

      Delete
  4. Oooh I love this! I'm definitely going to try it but shock horror I just realised I don't have any green nail polishes, so I'll have to get one and that idea with the sticky tape is really good, I've always struggled with using those french tip stickers that you get in manicure sets so I'll have to try this instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely obsessed with green/blue nail polishes. You should get some! And yes, they are easier to use than those stickers. o.o

      Delete

Back to Top