Nail Polish: Fancy Schmancy Nails


I love fancy nails on occasion (read: almost every weekend). Sometimes I find really pretty designs - most of them using nail stamps. I use nail stamps, but not very often because I'm usually too lazy to use them (although I really love them) and because I suck at stamping - yes it's the perfectionist in me. I recently got a really good gold polish, and while I was toying around with that, stamps and tape, I came up with this. I think it's a good way to not have to buy new stamps and to re-use things that are around the house (uh-huh, my truckload of craft stuff).

Here's what you do: 


First, paint your tape and then get some decorative edge scissors. Paint your nails while you wait for your tape to dry. When your tape and your nails are both dry, take your scissors and snip the edge of the tape - and then move your scissors a bit until it makes the design that you want, and again, cut it. Be careful - cutting these can be a bit tricky, you actually want to use the sharpest part of your scissors. Anyway, stick that on to your nail - I find it best when the nail polish is dry but still a bit soft, as it doesn't make much of a protrusion. Snip the excess, top it off with a top coat and then you're done! Easy as pie.

I used Sinful Colors' Leap Flog and China Glaze's Passion.


This reminds me of nails the likes of Princess Jasmine would wear. And I hate overcast weather. It makes it so hard for me to take photos. Excuse the tip wear. And the horrible instructions, I'm a wee bit scatterbrained right now. What do you think? As always, comments are appreciated. Enjoy guys!

5 comments

  1. that's great! I haven't tried any nail art yet, but it's getting more and more tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just started a bit recently too. You should try it! :)

      Delete
  2. I really love how this looks I'm excited to try it out, you make it look so easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty easy. Try it soon! :)

      Delete

Back to Top