Strawberry Bubble Tea - last call for summer!


I am in love with bubble tea, specifically strawberry bubble tea - blended or iced, it's all good to me. Yep, it's almost fall. But I can't be the only one who drinks bubble tea all year round right? I've been more obsessed, actually, now that I've discovered the secret to making really good bubble tea. It's in the strawberry syrup - I made it from scratch following the recipe from Use Real Butter., halved it and added about 1/2 tsp cornstarch and 1/4 cup sugar since I love being on a sugar high. So, without further ado, here's the recipe that will knock your socks off!





Strawberry Bubble Tea



1 1/2 cups strawberry syrup from scratch
2 1/2 cups water
2 Lipton tea bags
boba (tapioca) pearls

Cook your boba pearls according to the package's direction. While that's cooking, steep 2 bags of tea in 1/2 cup of water, for around 5 minutes. Transfer the boba pearls to your glass, add a spoonful of strawberry syrup. Mix water, tea and the remaining strawberry syrup in a beverage container. Fill your glass about 1/4 of the way with ice, and then fill it with the tea - add strawberry syrup to taste.



Look at that goodness. Sometimes I like blending it with ice to make it slushy and a bit frothy. I seriously crave for some everytime I see this photo. Well, I'm off to fixing me some again!

What's your favorite bubble tea flavor?

4 comments

  1. This is a great recipe for those summer days that all you have to do is sit around and watch the world go by.... ok, well sometimes. Thanks for the cooool drink recipe. Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and I hope you'll try them - they're really good! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi :)

    I'm from Denmark and bubble tea isn't that popular here - yet... ;)

    Now I'm kean on making my own, but those boba pearl, right? Any particular taste you would recommend? Or do they all taste alike?

    Hugs
    Frida

    www.fridaspeach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, the big black ones differ in taste from the clear ones. But other than that, for me they pretty much taste the same :) I get mine from an Asian store.

      Delete

Back to Top