DIY: Cute Paper Loot Bags with Free Printable

free-printable-DIY-halloween-loot-bag
As I said, I love making cute stuff. The other day I was trying to make snack sacks for my little sister, but I ended up making this instead. Instead of keeping it to myself, I decided to share it with you guys, because I like sharing my crafts. :)

There are four designs available. Print them out here: (L to R) DESIGN 1, DESIGN 2, DESIGN 3, DESIGN 4.

free-printable-DIY-halloween-loot-bag




How do you assemble them? I made these so it's easy to assemble (guidelines on the design). Here's how:

free-printable-DIY-halloween-loot-bag-instruction
Fold it on the semi-visible lines as indicated on the printable. Then, trim the top part - the edge of the top design. Glue the paper edges where it overlaps, wait to dry for a bit. And then fold the bottom using the top edge of the design as a guide.

free-printable-DIY-halloween-loot-bag-instruction
Open the folded bottom up and fold a triangular shape on one side, making sure the lines align. Do it on the other side. Next, fold the bag side towards the back, lining it up with the edge of the triangle. Do it on the other side, and then -re-fold it towards the front part of the bag (for pliability later on).

Flatten it again and go back to the bottom. Fold like so, making sure that the edge of the paper aligns with the tips of the triangles. The way to tell if you folded it properly is when it makes a perfect diamond/square shape on the edges. The bottom should look like the picture above. Unfold and push your sides in.

free-printable-DIY-halloween-loot-bag-instruction
For printers who leave margins (like mine @_@), you may want to trim the sides, but not the bottom.

And there you have it, you're done! :) You can also add handles by sticking reinforcement hole sticker things or scrap pieces of cardboard inside after punching where you want your handles to be. For more bag durability, you can also cut a piece of cardboard the size of the bottom (about 1.75" x 3.6") and stick it inside. 

free-printable-DIY-halloween-loot-bag

This is so cheap and easy cause you don't need specialty board for it - just plain printing paper. What do you think? Are you ready for the Halloween? Leave me comments. Tata! :)

8 comments

  1. Hey there... Thank you for doing this bags and step by step instructions. I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola excelente post!, solo me surgió un problema en la base de la bolsa, no se pone pegamento? gracias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eres bienvenido! y usted tiene que poner pegamento en la base de la bolsa.

      Delete
  3. These are awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Tracy! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! It’s a great technique for creating these handbags. I love to collect tradesy preowned handbags. I will surely try to make one bag by myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Work! I love this! My students love them so much, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top