DIY: Arrowhead Earrings Trial 1

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial

Whew. After four days without power, thank God it has been restored. So what have I been doing during my down time? Painting, painting, crafting a tiny bit and painting some more. What did I craft? earrings, again. Excuse my earring posts, I seem to be obsessed with them these days - probably because I cut my hair from really long to medium length, I feel like I can wear earrings again now. So hehe. On to the craft!

What do you need:
A paint stick/stirrer
Nail polish/ acrylic paint
Small chain
Earring hooks
Jewelry Pliers
Sandpaper

(Yes, a paint stick. Am I going crazy for making earrings out of common things? I hope not, I hope it is just creativity taking over.) Here's what you do:

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial


Measure out 2 1.25" across the paint stick, then cut them up. If you're using a box cutter or x-acto knife, be sure to be uber calm and not lose patience with cutting - these paint sticks are kind of annoying and hard to cut, and breaking them prematurely may cause your piece to have ugly edges. 

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial


After cutting those pieces up, measure about 0.25" from the top of the box. Mark the two sides and the middle bottom of your wood piece - draw lines to make an arrowhead shape.

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial
Cut it up like so.


diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial
Sand the edges and both sides of your wood. You want it to be nice and smooth. Also, you want the edges to be a bit rounded - people might mistake it as a weapon or something if its too sharp @_@

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial
Drill holes for your jump rings.


diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial

The earrings should look like this now. To make smooth holes, after drilling it, punch them out with a pencil - it makes those stubborn wood stuff still left on your piece go inside the hole - makes it less noticeable.

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial
Paint your earrings - I always use nail polish to paint small objects because they're cheaper, I have more nail polish color varieties than I have paint and I like the finish. But you can use whatever you want. 

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial
Add your jump rings, chain and earring hooks. It is up to you to judge how long the drop of your earrings should be, mine is about 4" total.

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial

And there you have it, your very own arrowhead earrings. So why did I title this post trial 1? Because I will be making more, kind of different arrowhead designs in the future. So stay tuned for that :)

diy-arrowhead-drop-earrings-tutorial
What do you guys think of this easy craft? Lemme know in the comments. :) I hope all of you are well, be safe and have a good weekend! 

12 comments

  1. These are great! Definitely going on my crafting list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Metallic Gold color! Thanks! Follow Back.I'm 13 and my friends are gonna love these as gifts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a genius! got a lot of good ideas from you :) Keep up the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I really liked it and overall I loved you DIYs most DIY blogs do lots of useless stuff just to do it.I saw a blog who made liike 10 diffrent headboards as DIY I mean how many times you would change your headboard it's silly but everything you do makes so doable. :D (is that even a word)
    I just wanted to ask do you have a sometihng in mind to replicate that paint stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love my site! :) And you can use plywood maybe, although that would be kind of hard to cut, or a jumbo popsicle stick :)

      Delete

Back to Top