DIY: Easy Bow Napkin Rings

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial

A while back I saw some cute metal bow napkin rings in Target for about $1.99. I loved them - and although it was a plus that they were metal, I was pretty sure I could DIY it for less, but with cheap materials. I thought about it - I kind of have this issue about committing to permanent decor (my style evolves/changes a lot), and thought and thought and thought. By the time I wanted to buy at least one so I can make it into an accessory instead, they were gone. Bleh. So here I ended up DIYing them after all. Haha. Read on o.o

These are the cheap and easy-to-procure materials:

Mini bows - I got mine a few weeks back from Dollar Tree. Who uses tiny bows for gifts anyway? @_@
Aluminum foil core/tube - okay, maybe this isn't that easy to procure, after all, you'd have to use up the whole thing just to get it... anyway, you have to use this so you'll have a sturdier ring (as compared to using the toilet paper tubes)
Felt/Leather/Twine
Glue Gun
Tape
Scissors
Box Cutter

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
Draw a straight line on the tube, cut it up with a box cutter. It doesn't have to be really straight, just relatively. 

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
See? Like that. Next line put tape around it, make sure the edge of the tape is aligned with the edge of the tube. Cut it up with your scissors or box cutter - whichever you're more comfortable with. Use the other edge of the tape as your guide. 

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial

It should look like this horribly deformed thing. Haha. Roll it up inwards to get the original shape.

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
Now, take some more of your tape and stick it down on your felt/leather. Like the other one, use it as a guide for cutting. You can also choose thicker tape so your piece of felt/leather will have sort of an overhang when you stick it on your ring tube.

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
Starting from the inside, glue the felt onto the ring tube. 

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
You may choose to cover the inside of the ring as well. Should look like this. 

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
Now the easiest part: Glue your bow on the center (directly opposite the ring slit).

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial
Cuteness. Don't you think? They aren't as pliable as toilet paper tube napkin rings - which is a good thing for me. They're cheap and easy to make too. So if you won't want them after the holidays, it's not really such a waste to throw them out/give them away. 

easy-cheap-bow-napkin-ring-tutorial


Now, if you'll excuse me, I must start making this idea in my head before it disappears. Leave me a lovely comment, and enjoy your day! :)

P.S. Did you see my spiffed up Christmas themed banner? hehehe. <3

5 comments

  1. Woah. These are easy! But super cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and creative! Perfect for the holidays. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very amazing by reading and watching this we-site which is more delighted to me as well. I am very satisfaction by reading this content. It will be very broad cast in the world. Thanks a lot..
    diamond rings

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top