Baking M&M Cookies

Let's all take a break from all the crafting and printing for a bit - I felt like baking today (been feeling that urge this week a lot) - and baked some sugar cookies for Bunny (which I'll be posting next week, hopefully, cause they're so adorable - and I'll be making another batch for my sister's party) and some m&m cookies for my siblings (because my fat little brother has been craving for some and he won't eat any other m&m cookie other than the one that comes in a tub that you buy at BJ's). Anyway they turned out pretty good so I thought I'd share them with you to fatten you up too. :D

I researched and found this recipe from Food.com. I didn't have any shortening on hand so I substituted it with sinful yet really good butter, and tweaked the recipe a bit according to recipe reviews. Look at the cookie batter riiiight here:


Doesn't that make you want to dig in and just eat it - baked or not baked? I resisted, because my calorie intake these past few weeks days have been exceedingly, well, exceeding.

I'm not really good at baking stuff, heck, when it comes to icing cakes I demolish them, but this recipe is really easy to follow. 

I resisted the urge to roll them into a ball and flatten them - I like messier looking cookies.  Anyway, here's the recipe now:


SOFT & CHEWY M&M COOKIES

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup plain m&m

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. 
3. Add your egg and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
4. Mix in your flour, salt and baking soda. 
5. Mix in 1/2 cup of the m&ms, set the remaining aside. 
6. Drop onto cookie sheet, flatten (a bit). Push 2-3 m&ms on top of the cookies.
6. Bake for 10-12 mins (or more if you want it crispier).
Makes about 20 cookies. 

What do you think? Make some and tell me! And of course, enjoy yourselves. :D

4 comments

  1. These cookies look so yummy! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Tia! :)

      Delete
    2. These cookies do not only "look" yummy. They ARE yummy! ;)

      Delete

Back to Top