Nail Polish: Aztec Nail Art Stencils


I am aware that I haven't made a nail post in a very long time. I was laying low with all the nail art for a bit, but I guess I just discovered what will make me go back to nail art again - my Silhouette Portrait machine.  I decided to make an aztec-y design, cause admit it, when you have to do it manually, it looks ugly specially when you have really shaky hands like I do...and also, cause of the fact that I'm obsessed with aztec print nowadays (see projects here, here and here). Okay - so I guess this is a combination of a nail post and a DIY post, but hey, it's fun. So read on to know how I did it!

What you need:
Nail polish 
Contact paper 
Cutting machine or X-acto knife
Template (download here for the jpeg file, and here for the cut file)


I made my design in Photoshop, and then set my Silhouette to work - I cut it on contact paper (I love contact paper - lots of crafts from that!). I recommend using contact paper from the dollar store, you know, those cheap thin ones - they leave less residue than more expensive contact paper. If you don't have a cutting machine, it's quite easy to cut out the shapes with an X-acto knife - just print the template on some sticker paper, then cut the white parts out. Peel off the parts that aren't needed.


Once you have your basecoat really REALLY dry (I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Ming Fast) peel off your nail art template and stick it onto your nail. Make sure to press it really well specially on the sides to avoid ugly imperfections.


Paint like normal (you may want to paint horizontally instead of vertically on the tiny lines).


Remove the sticker right after you paint each nail.


Add a top coat and you are done! Isn't that so easy? I was satisfied with how it turned out but I wanted more color so I added white with a striper brush as seen in the photo below (look at those lines...I really should decrease coffee consumption):


The stencils would be a good gift bag filler for teen/girl parties I would say. So, what do you guys think? Leave me your comments down below and I hope the rest of your week goes swell! :3

Linking up here, folks:

      


11 comments

  1. I would never think of stenciling my nails. Great idea. What is a contact paper btw? Is it sth like baking papers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact paper is like sticker paper (it has a sticky back) except it comes in a variety of designs and is usually used to line cabinets and stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow,amazing design...I really like your pretty blog.*__*
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Followed you on bloglovin! :)

      Delete
  3. I just love your ideas and it's not even a surprise for me that I adore this one!
    your nails are just perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And oh, that's just my right hand. My left hand is hideous since the nail on my pointing finger is too soft and therefore always breaks... haha :))

      Delete
  4. these look great, amaznig idea! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! My nails are no where near as long as yours, but maybe I could make it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine isn't really long, I guess it's just the design! :D

      Delete
  6. “Visit this blog post fo sell your artwork”
    Sell your artwork

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top