DIY: Make Your Own Gold Stickers

I don't even know how to write this post - honestly, I feel like I don't have the heart to. Sometimes, unexpected things just slap you in the face and zap you of all your energy and purpose. I feel so heavy. But my mom keeps telling me to be vehement in prayer. And so, I thought I'd make something small to remind me of that on my every waking moment.

You only need:
Contact paper
Gold spray paint
Cutting machine or scissors


Cut out your letters. Spray with some of your gold spray paint and let dry. In my experience, the thicker the contact paper the better. 


Once your letters are dry, affix on your surface. And you're done. I printed a guide and put it under the paper I was using so I know the exact spacing of my letters.


I think I may have to make more. That's it for now friends. I was planning for August to be a celebratory month for one year of blogging but I just don't have the heart to.

Linking up here:

    
 

14 comments

  1. I love the nice gold reminder. God WILL make a way through whatever troubles you. I'll say a prayer as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci for the prayer. I truly appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. You have no way of knowing how much this blessed me today. I ran across it on Pinterest and pinned it simply because of what it said. Then I actually clicked on it, because the technique is really cool, and read what you wrote. I, too, just had something unexpected to happen. So, as I'm praying for myself, I'll say a prayer for you as well. This too shall pass, and it will work out for your good. Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayer is powerful. Thank you! I shall pray for you as well.

      Delete
  3. Your Mom is right Aki. Pray without ceasing and believe. I prayed for you as well, for peace and comfort for whatever you are going through.

    And meditate on this scripture:

    "Be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God and the peace that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
    -Phil 4:6-7

    In Him,

    Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the words of wisdom from the scripture. I truly appreciate that and the prayer!

      Delete
  4. Found myself thinking about you today and thought I'd check in. Listen to your Mom's wise words and keep the faith. Things will work out, maybe not just as you want them to right now, but there is a reason for everything. Still living and learning this lesson myself believe me. :) Take care and be strong. Praying for peace and comfort for you too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hard. But thank you for the prayers! I really appreciate them.

      Delete
  5. This is such a good idea! I'm hosting a giveaway for $100 in throw pillows at my blog. You should swing by and enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/throw-pillow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so smart! I have tons of black vinyl for my cricut, but I get tired if using the same color all the time -- I could just paint it!
    - Lora @ Craftivity Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how vinyl will take it but since it's thicker it might just work :D

      Delete
  7. What a great idea!!! The gold letters look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Glad you like it.

      Delete

Back to Top