DIY: Crane Stamp w/ 'Acrylic' Block


In Japan, there's a legend that says anybody who folds a thousand cranes, so I did the next best thing I could think of - make an origami crane stamp so I can stamp it one thousand times onto something. Making the stamp was easy, see how I did it after the jump. 


What you need:
Craft foam
Contact paper / sticker paper
Scissors
X-acto knife
Acrylic picture frame
White glue
Template

Print your template on to your sticker paper and cut. Since it's geometric, it's not that annoying to cut by hand. Of course, you can also use your cutting machine to do this.


Adhere your sticker crane on a piece of craft foam and start cutting - I like starting from the inside, working towards the outside.


After cutting out everything, trim sides that are too long, like the tip of the top of the wing and the beak.


Snap a piece of an acrylic photo frame into a rectangular-ish shape (learn how to snap acrylic here). Sand the sides so they would be smooth and won't mortally hurt you..lol. I used my rotary tool to smooth the sides down.


Mount your foam crane on the acrylic 'block' - making sure that the side you put the sticker on is the side you stick onto the acrylic.


Let that dry before using. What do you think? The 'acrylic block' makes it easy to see where you're stamping as compared to a normal wood block, right? Note: The cranes facing to the right (in the photo below) are kind of fuzzy because I botched it. lol


Now, if you're like me and planning to stamp a thousand cranes, start now. You guys be safe and enjoy the rest of your week!

Linked up at:

  

8 comments

  1. this is great, I can see my t-shirt covered in those stamps! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kewl

    Angeline I wonder...maybe I can do this with an eraser? Btw, something is really wrong with the iPad, cuz now I can comment but when I type it keeps scrolling up then down....い, too bad☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yeah you can do it with an eraser Angeline! It would be kind of harder to cut though, IMO. But you can do it! :3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! Glad you like it :D

      Delete

Back to Top