DIY: Geometric Gem Earrings

I just scored a few packs of black shrink plastic at AC Moore about a week ago for a buck each. That makes me really really happy as I love crafting with shrink plastic (you may want to see the list of my shrink plastic crafts here). I wanted to buy the whole rack, but, you know, it may just be the hoarder in me talking. I've been wanting to make some modern geometric-looking gem earrings and I thought it would be the perfect material - so if you want to learn how, read on and download the free template!... but if you don't want to go through the hassle of making them, you can always order them through here or e-mail me.


You will only need:
Black shrink plastic (I used Grafix shrink plastic)
Gem template (download at the end of the post)
X-acto knife / Box cutter
Earring hooks and jump rings


It is really easy, I swear. First, print your template and trace it onto your shrink plastic. Cut your pattern twice so you'll end up with two pieces of unshrunk gems. Bake that according to the package instructions - I used Grafix shrink plastic (in black), and baked mine for 325 f. 



Now all that's left is to add on some earring hooks and you're done! It literally comes together under 30 minutes.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of making them but really really love them, buy them here!


These look like acrylic jewelry - I swear. Don't you just love crafting with shrink plastic? I do. Check out these other shrink plastic projects of mine:

Bunny Charms for Easter
Aztec-Inspired Earrings
Modern Skull Cameos
Butterfly Wing Barrettes
So, the question is - are you guys still into the geometric everything trend? I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it! Don't forget to comment/pin/share if you loved it - I would totally appreciate that. Have a great weekend folks!


DOWNLOAD THIS HERE




Linking up at:
Tutorial Tuesdays @ Hope Studios
Take-a-Look Tuesdays @ Sugar Bee Crafts
Wow Me Wednesdays @ Gingersnap Crafts

8 comments

  1. where can i find shrink plastic !!!! i could not find it in India !!!! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order it online or use recyclable #6 plastic food containers :)

      Delete
  2. These are really cool looking! Definitely going to give it a try ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still into the geometric trend and love these earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! And I'm planning to open one in a few months once circumstances allow :)

      Delete

Back to Top