Free Printable: Blank Banner with free Silhouette Cut File

Ever had the feeling where you have a ton of ideas when something isn't there yet but when you're challenged by it your mind draws up a blank? That's what happened to me. It's my first time participating in the Silhouette Challenge! And this month's theme is paper. Thankfully, the other day I got to thinking about ribbon banners (since I had an abundance of tags already and I want to cut more things with my Silhouette) and how lovely hand-drawn ones were. So I grabbed my handy dandy notebook and started sketching my own, traced it on Photoshop (I will not be able to live without this software) to share with you guys! Also, don't forget to check out other awesome projects for this month's theme - you'll see them at the end of this post.


What I love about these banners is that I could use them in whatever occasion - since they're blank, I could just write whatever sentiment I feel like writing, stick them onto bamboo sticks or lolly sticks and pop them onto your cake - voila, instant cake topper. 


You can even use them for scrapbooking or cards...or even tags! Yes, I am too obsessed with making tags. Oh, please remember the following downloads are all for personal use only.

Here's the print-and-cut version for Silhouette Studio. These are sized about 4" across, so it's not really big. Adjust according to your taste. 

I wanted to make some white-on-kraft colored ones, so I made a sketch version of it. Just make sure to set the outer lines to no-cut when sketching, then vice versa when you're cutting them out. Oh, now I wish I have some brightly-colored neon gel pens. That would look awesome against kraft paper too. 

For friends who don't have a Silhouette, don't worry. I made a printable for you too. Just cut around the line indicated and I promise, it'll turn out just as awesome. :)


Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

Here are other awesome projects from this month's challenge, check them out and give them some love!

The Great Lamp Rescue Barnyard Animal Paper Garland & Party Details Sweet and Simple Easter Bunny Card Owl Theme Baby Shower Ombre Paint Chip Earrings & Free Cut File Spring is Blooming Drop It (Like It's Hot) Hexagon Tray Spruce Up Your RECIPE BOOK Gift Card Giving Free Cut Files Custom outlines for stamps Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Juice Boxes Wine Themed Bridal Shower Learn How To Make A Sewn Paper Garland! Moroccan Thank You Card 3D Flower Spring Wreath For the Love of Paper: Cutting Embellishments Create Your Own St. Patrick's Day Cupcake Wrappers and Toppers Swimming Word Art St. Patrick's Day Lime White Chocolate Chips Cupcakes + Freebie You're invited to a dog party! I'm so Lucky! Spring Wreath with SIlhouette Cut Flowers Tiny Princesses Paper Dolls Colorful Quote with your Silhouette Get Well Bouquet with Persimmon Roses Greeting Card Holder Baby Shower Invitations How-To Create a Custom Pillowbox on Your Silhouette Machine + Free Cut File! Quality Time Jar Matchbox Cover with {FREE CUT FILE} DIY Baby Girl Shower Invitation Candy Alphabet Travel Game Paper Garland Pretty Paper Roses DIY Geometric Heart Journal Hand Made Decorations for a Pirate Party Wedding Shower Gift Heart Map Decoupaged Letters (A scanner + A Silhouette = Spectacular results!) Easter Pop-up Box Card with Sweet Sorbet Designer Paper from Stampin' Up! Better World Greeting Cards Star Wars Silhouette Canvas Monogrammed Gifts Make Printable Gift Wrap with your Silhouette Software Free Printable: Blank Banner with free Silhouette Cut File
1. McCall Manor // 2. The Turquoise Home // 3. Creative Savings // 4. Sandpaper and Glue // 5. The Thinking Closet // 6. Sowdering About in Seattle // 7. Persia Lou // 8. From Wine to Whine // 9. Dream a Little Bigger // 10. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 11. Play. Party. Pin. // 12. Everyday Paper // 13. Practically Functional // 14. A Tossed Salad Life // 15. My Favorite Finds // 16. The House on Hillbrook // 17. Adventures in All Things Food // 18. A Glimpse Into Barb's Life // 19. TitiCrafty // 20. The Experimental Home // 21. feto soap blog // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. The Stamp Doc // 24. Ginger Snap Crafts // 25. Simply Kelly Designs // 26. Whats Next Ma // 27. unOriginal Mom // 28. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 29. Cutesy Crafts // 30. My Paper Craze // 31. Create & Babble // 32. Grey Luster Girl // 33. The Sensory Emporium // 34. Lil' Mrs. Tori // 35. Black and White Obsession // 36. Mama Sonshine // 37. Weekend Craft // 38. Creative Carnival // 39. Peace, Love and Joyce // 40. Tried & True // 41. The Frill of Life // 42. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 43. Get Silvered // 44. Minted Strawberry

What occasion are you itching to use these banners for? Hit me up in the comments - and of course, don't forget to pin and share if  you loved this entry! I hope your weekend was a good one, happy Monday! :)

28 comments

  1. It was my first month participating in the challenge too! And, man, I need to get some sketch pens. Love the white on craft. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your project, it's awesome! :) And I actually used Sakura Gelly Roll (found at Michaels) for this - it shows up against the kraft-colored cardstock better than the Silhouette sketch pen. You should get the pen holder though! :)

      Delete
  2. This is my first time joining in on the monthly challenges too and this is so much fun! Such great inspiration! I think I really need to get the pen holder. Endless creativity with this amazing machine! LOVE the tags!!!! Downloading now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pen holder is amazing, you should totally get it! And thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. These are lovely and so versatile. I really love the white sketch on Kraft and it's so sweet of you to share your file. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the white on kraft! Thanks for sharing the file.

    ReplyDelete
  5. White and craft paper might be my favorite combo ever. I am pinning this just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Thank you :) /Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Banners are so versatile, and your hand drawn ones are fantastic! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, so versatile. I could totally see using these as a cake topper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend's birthday is coming up! I think I would use these to decorate her locker...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea Angeline, you totally should do that...along with some tiny balloons :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Aki,
    I'm loving your banners, especially the white on kraft paper! Thanks so much for sharing the files with us, your hand drawn ones are especially great. I'm so glad to be a part of this amazingly talented & generous Silhouette Challenge group!!!
    Peace, Love and Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' the white on kraft. Need to get some sketch pens!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and practical! thanks for the file, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely darling, Aki! And I love that you sketched them yourself! The white on the kraft paper is my absolute favorite. Also, this may be a silly question, but is it easy to convert a Silhouette cut file to pdf? I've never done that before, but I've had a few requests from readers to do so. Any tips you have are welcomed! Also, so glad to have you join us this round. Stellar work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can convert a Silhouette cut file into a pdf, sadly :( I usually start my cut files in photoshop, then save them as a PNG image to trace onto Silhouette Studio. Thank you for letting me join this amazing group! :)

      Delete
  14. I super love these! I've cut out some blanks! Can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute banners! I could totally see them used as garden markers!

    Much Love,
    Trisha D.
    Black and White Obsession (and fellow Silhouette Challenge-r)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I didn't think of using these as garden markers. Awesome idea Trisha! :)

      Delete
  16. Love that you sketched these yourself! The happy birthday banner looks great. I love Photoshop too and can't imagine my life without it. Thanks for sharing the cut file.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aki,
    Thank you for the file. Your banners can be used for cute name tags, wishes in a jar, additions to cards scrap booking and more.
    SC Buddy
    Karen Marie
    Dragonfly & Lily Pads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the additional ideas, Karen! They're greatly appreciated :)

      Delete
  18. Awesome project! it is cool on kraft paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fabulous! Thank you for the file, I'm sure I will be using it.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top