DIY: Chunky Shell Stone Bracelet

Let's face it - most of us are procrastinators (amiright?). But most of us want to give something personal and handmade to the special people in our lives to show we care. With mother's day approaching, here's a really easy jewelry DIY for your mom/mom-inlaw/mom's mommy friends - guaranteed to put smiles on their faces!


Supplies:


Here's the easy peasy tutorial:


First you choose stones/shells that are nearly identical in make. 


Cut up a length of wire and using a round-nose jewelry plier, make a loop on each end, sealing the bead between. Don't know how to do that? Here's a handy video tutorial that shows you how. Anyway, do those with the other beads - you want 3 or 5 (if you have slightly smaller beads).  


Link them up by opening one loop end and attaching it to the other stone's looped end. Repeat until you've linked all of your beads. 


Now it's time to assemble your bracelet - above shows you a sequence of how to assemble it using your jewelry pliers. I realized it was too big so I cut it down by half (2 chunky links instead of 4 on each side).


Here's how it looks like mid-assembly (with all my modifications). If it's too small or you want the option of adjusting the size, attach a bracelet chain extender, or just link more jump rings together before attaching the big jump ring at the end. 


After that, you're done! This project didn't even take 15 minutes. It's seriously that easy :)


My mom walked in on me taking final photos of this so she saw it already - and she loved it. Now she wants me to make more for her mommy friends. Oh, mother.


I loved this bracelet so much that I'm thinking of making one for myself as well. Would you make this too? In what color? Leave me your lovely thoughts in the comments section - I always love reading about what you guys are up to! Hope you have a great weekend ahead. 


6 comments

  1. Very simple but makes a big statement! beautiful bracelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the green shells with the chunky gold very pretty & perfect for any Mom!! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with the green shells when I first laid eyes on them too! Glad you think that, and I hope you try making one for yourself! :)

      Delete
  3. I will absolutely make this! However I do not have shell beads but think some turquoise Howlite chunky beads will do just fine! Great tutorial, great design, thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love turquoise howlite! Have fun making them :)

      Delete

Back to Top