DIY: Bathroom Sign with a Sense of Humor

Let me start by saying please pardon me for my crass sense of humor. It seems like I am only one of a few who has a great one (unless you guys find this funny, too). Found this 'saying' over at Buzzfeed (I think), and since it was awesome, I decided to recreate it for my bathroom. I showed it to family members, but turns out I'm only one of a handful who finds it funny (or who gets it, actually). But, just in case you're interested, I'm sharing the file I used as a stencil and how I made it :)


Supplies:
  • 6" x 17" wood board
  • Template
  • Contact paper / Stencil vinyl
  • Acrylic paint
  • Sponge / Brush / Dauber
  • Sandpaper 
  • Picture-hanging hooks / Command strips



It all started with this wood piece from a pallet - if you have to blame anybody for my lack of refinement, blame the pallet. This one measured 6" x 17" with cracks on the sides (you can see it on the face of the wood). I didn't want to throw it out because I'm a hoarder like that, so I decided to make it into a sign (since I haven't made signs in a very long time). Sand your board until it's nice and smooth.


Trace and cut your template onto contact paper or stencil vinyl - I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut mine, but you can also cut it by hand.  


Stick your stencil onto the wood and burnish the letters (specially the edges) to lessen imperfections and paint leakage.


Using your sponge or dauber paint over the stencil! I loved this part. Now wait until it's dry and peel the stencil off..


And you've got one awesome and unique bathroom sign! Just attach it with picture-hanging hooks or even command strips. I am still giggling over how funny this is even after it's been days since I made it. 


I hope you appreciated my sense of humor in this post - and well, leave me your comments! Would you put a bathroom sign like this in your home? I think it's the perfect man cave sign. Don't you think so? Did you find it funny at least? Have a great weekend!

DOWNLOAD THIS HERE



5 comments

  1. xD what a fun idea, I would definitely stop and take a picture if I saw this in a coffee shop bathroom or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about that! It would be so cool for a coffee/yogurt/quirky shop to have this. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm, pudding? Free pudding! Yay!!! XD lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site is good because they give us a new thing and new ideas and new topic how good all of they are we should appreciate them because of these good thing.
    I know something information, to know you can click here
    Minor Home Renovations brisbane
    Bathroom Renovations Ipswich

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top