DIY: Easy Pendant Necklace from Bracelet Findings

I was gifted with a lot of charms, beads and findings for Christmas - among them, these pretty dichroic bracelet findings. I don't really wear chunky bracelets anymore so I was thinking of what to do with these things - I actually wanted the dichroic acrylic part more than the setting, so I tried hacking it. It was pretty hard if I do say so, so I gave up. 


What was I going to do then? well, make them into pendants. It's pretty easy so if you have some of these laying around, bust them out and craft with me.

Supplies:


Here's what I started with. You can see these bracelet findings in a ton of places for cheap. I really love the dichroic-ness of them! I tried separating the stone from the setting but it was attached really well.


Cut a piece of wire and loop end as shown.


Thread onto one side of your bracelet finding, cut the excess wire and loop the other end.


Repeat this to the other side. 


You should have something that looks like this - and that's it, that's your pendant. You can add any additional finding you would like, but I wanted to keep it simple. 


Add your chain and closures and you are done! I told you it was pretty easy. 


It reminds me of the Earth. I must call it my Earth pendant. 


Have you seen these types of findings? I hope you're interested in trying what I made. Have a great June friends! 

8 comments

  1. those bracelet findings are amazing, it looks like it could be a precious stone or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Except they had this faceted dome, which makes it obvious that it's just dichroic finish underneath. But it's not that obvious from afar :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, Aki! It's a smart refashion from the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Onel! We always have to be re-inventive, don't we ^_^

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, that's my reaction too! :D

      Delete
  4. This is really pretty! I haven't seen findings like this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a bunch of them at Michaels, and usually big chunky bracelets are drilled with 4 holes instead of two :)

      Delete

Back to Top