DIY: Easy Personalized Notebook

I'm a sucker for cute/awesome/unique printed notebooks. I have a ton of them and yet I buy more every now and then. I recently got a pack of blank kraft notebooks from my beloved Muji store and I wanted to spruce them up a little bit - so I figured I'd add some words to them. Want to see how I made this? Read on!


Supplies:


Layout your letters to spell whatever word, phrase or quote you want. I find it best to stick them first on to a lined sheet of wax paper to ensure my letters are aligned and where I want them to be as opposed to sticking them directly on the notebook. Alternatively, you can cut it using a die-cut machine.  


Transfer your letters with transfer paper onto your notebook. Use a thin, flat object to press your stickers well onto the notebook to ensure no seepage under the letters will occur later on when painting.  


Peel your transfer tape, making sure all the letters are complete and adhered well. It's actually pretty like this, but it's not the look I'm going for. 


Next, take some painter's tape and paper and mask the areas you don't want painted. It also helps to draw guidelines on where to put the tape. 


To get the look I'm going for, I spray-painted it with some cheap matte black spray paint (the less-than-a-dollar ones from Home Depot and Walmart). Wait for it to dry - it does dry relatively quickly (about 5 minutes) but I left it to dry for about 30 minutes.


Peel off the stickers with the help of an x-acto knife. Be careful not to gouge the notebook cover! :)


And you are done! You can totally make this project easier/harder by adding images, better word art, etc. I'm planning to make another one with my favorite quote these days - I'll share that when I have the chance!


What I love the most about this is it looks professional and clean - the texture and look of it is much like a store-bought black/kraft notebook. I'm so excited!


What would you guys put on a personalized notebook? Sound off in the comments - I haven't heard from you in a while! Have a great week guys. :)

7 comments

  1. That's super cute! I so want to try that! Awesome blog by the way. :)

    Awkwardgirlx Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have fun trying it. And thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, this is lovely, I love notebooks, and I was thinking about doing something like this, but I didn't know where to start. Thanks for the tutorial! And keep up the good work, your blog is wonderful. ^-^~♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my tutorial helped! I hope you have fun making yours. :) And thanks so much :)

      Delete
  3. I lovelovelove this idea! I like cute and funny notebooks too, så this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! I'm definitely going to try it! For a few weeks I had been looking for a very good notebook tutorial and I couldn't find any interesting one, but now I did! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top