DIY: Formal Pearl Hairpins

Sometimes we need something more formal than flirty for special occasions. I have a ton of hairpins and yet there isn't really one that is formal-looking. You too? Well, here's an easy way to fix that - I whipped up some really easy pearl hairpins. Wanna see? 


So easy to make this. Here's how:

Supplies
  • Pearl dimensional stickers
  • Felt
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Bobby pins


This is the pack of dimensional stickers I used - I got them on sale at a discount store, and I'm planning to get more. 


Anyway, take 3-5 pieces out and arrange them in a cluster (as shown above). I used three per hairpin but you can use up to how many you like. Tweak until you're good with the placement and then take a photo. 


Cut off felt in a triangular shape as seen above, or:


Cut it off in a square shape. Glue down your pearls and trim the black part as needed. I found that it's cleaner when you start off with a triangular shape than a square shape for the felt backing, but it may just be my placement of the pearls. 


And finally you are done! I love that these are subtle enough to go with a lot of things - not only formal wear but casual as well. 


What have you been wanting/needing lately? Let me know in the comments. Also, if you have DIY suggestions I'd love to hear them - have a great week!

No comments

Back to Top