DIY: Gingerbread Man Wooden Clothespin Gift Toppers with Free Template

I have a question for you guys - when receiving gifts, do you take notice of how it was wrapped? Because I do. I especially love gifts that were wrapped thoughtfully, or with really cute tags and toppers. That's why I'm so obsessed with making them myself - for me, I want people to feel special when they get my gift (no matter how small it is). Here's a fun topper that I'm sharing with you guys (template, cut file and all) - hopefully you guys will love it as much as I do!


Supplies:
  • Wooden clothespins
  • Washi tape
  • Gingerbread men
  • Glue
  • Scissors (optional)
  • Hot glue gun

First of all, get your gingerbread men. You have a number of options for this - for a no-fuss tag, get wooden gingerbread figures from the craft store and decorate as you wish. You can also snag the template I made and used for my own at the end of this post. Mine has a few layers (as seen above) but you can easily just cut the gingerbread man part (left figure) and decorate with puffy paint - this is recommended specially if you're handcutting the gingerbread men. 


If you're assembling it as is, it would be great if you had a sticker machine (God knows I wished I had one when I was making these). It would certainly make the process faster. I did the ol' glue method, and it does work well but you have to be careful of glue getting into places that you don't want it getting into. 


Washify your clothespins! These are basic dollar store clothespins washified with some dollar store washi tape. 


I have an addiction for cheap washi tape. Here's a couple I found at dollar tree last month - safe to say I snagged most of them. The texture is different from normal washi tape, but for a dollar, I couldn't say no. Haha!


After assembling your washi-ed clothespins and gingerbread men, it's time to stick them together. Simply use hot glue to attach the back of your gingerbread man to the clothespin and you are done!


Love how it makes my simple pillow boxes extra special. Use it as gift accents, napkin ring accents, and maybe even ornament decor? I love using it as a holder for the giftee's name tag (as pictured below), and since you're not writing anything on it, it's reusable too!

Not into the whole clothespin idea? Why not use it as a normal tag, or even as a template for a stamp. You can even use them as candy cane rings, which I'm now planning to do (and hopefully will be sharing with you).


What Christmas figures do you love the most? Happy procrastinating, you all! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE

6 comments

  1. This is so kyawaii!! **imaginary squish** lol. I love the washi tape, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angeline! And I know! I keep thinking of other ways to use him. I want him on a shirt but I feel like I might have too many christmas shirts now! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks so much, I had a lot of fun cutting him out. I think it might be the cutest thing I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think that! I am dying to use them for next year as well. :)

      Delete

Back to Top