DIY: Stone and Brass Boho Necklace

I have recently moved and left my plethora of necklaces at my parent's house, so I am slowly rebuilding my collection. The folks over at Panda Hall sent me some stuff to try out, and among these things are some lovely oval jasper stones. I knew I wanted a mixed-media necklace so I set about making a stone and brass combo for a necklace that is perfect for layering. This necklace is relatively easy to make so come take a look!


Supplies:

  • Oval jasper stones
  • 1/8" Brass Tube cut into 1" and 2" lengths
  • Eye pins in varying lengths
  • Chain
  • Jewelry pliers 


Take three of your choice of stones and thread each one onto an eye pin. Loop and close the end to make individual links. 



Do the same for your brass tubes as well. After that, take two of the brass tubes and attach them to one of the stones by opening one looped end of the stone and then closing it again. You can also use some jump rings to attach but I wanted them to look closer together so I opted to not use jump rings.



Attach one stone to each end of the brass tubes as shown in the photo above.


Now take your 2" tube and thread two eye pins. Loop and close each eye pin end. Bend one to one side and the other to another side, so you have a two loops in opposite directions. Do this for the other side as well. 


Now attach your stone and brass links to two of the loops of your 2" brass tube.


And attach a chain onto the other two loops. I attached mine on a 24" chain for it to hang just around my chest area - and you are done!


I love how it turned out and how perfect it is for layering with my favorite initial necklace. You can also change the stones to crystal points or maybe different-colored charms for a more boho-look. Check out Panda Hall for an assortment of lovely gemstone beads. 


Are you still into brass jewelry? Let me know in the comments section down below and I hope you have fun crafting if you do decide to make this :)

9 comments

  1. I love your necklace! I shared it on my facebook fanpage. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing Monica! I appreciate it! :3

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog. You have great ideas and helps to get my creative juices going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty! That means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love your entire blog...so much creative goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania! Glad you love my blog, it means a lot <3

      Delete
  4. This is so cute <3 i love your name's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very nice. I like how you have built new things with these pieces of brass. That's really part of the appeal of jewelry. It can be modified and rearranged, and become something better than before.

    Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top