DIY: Stingray Leather Chunky Chain Bracelet

Texture, in design is very important. It creates visual interest in an art piece. While normal leather already has interesting texture, I can't help but be enamored by the uniqueness of stingray leather. I especially love the contrast in color between the raised and depressed surfaces. I recently acquired some stingray leather cord from Endless Leather and played around with it to make a simple but bold bracelet design. It's easy and I dare say it might be my most favorite bracelet piece yet. 



Supplies:


Start by measuring and cutting 3" of leather cord.


Using E6000 glue, attach an end cup on each side of the leather cord. A skewer stick is great help when fitting the cord inside the cup.


Measure how long you want your chain to be - I wanted mine approximately half of the bracelet, so I cut 7-8 links of the chunky chain. It's easiest to separate the chain by opening the end link with two flat nose pliers, going the direction where the chain link bends. 


Now attach the chain to the bracelet with jump rings. Don't forget to attach a lobster clasp on the other end of the bracelet as well!


And your masterpiece is done. The contrast of the stingray leather against the chain is just great. It's attractive enough to give as gifts, but easy enough to do that you won't be frustrated in assembling them. Don't you think? 


Special thanks to Endless Leather for supplying me with the stingray leather and jewelry findings! I still have some stingray cord left so don't forget to check the blog for another DIY of these pretty things.  



Are you fond of leather, too? Don't forget to let me know in the comments section below! Have a fun day crafting, friends! 




2 comments

  1. This is absolutely darling! I'm pinning to make a few for Easter presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial for using up leather scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top