DIY: Chunky Pearl Bracelet

Pearls, just like diamonds, are timeless pieces. Most of the time though I have difficulty incorporating them into my wardrobe as I feel they look 'old'. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like some of you share the same sentiment. With the incorporation of chunky gold chain and some other details, I managed to turn some simple freshwater pearls into something I'd wear more than a regular string of pearls - it's perfect for summer weddings, parties or just nights out!


Supplies:
  • Freshwater pearls
  • Bead spacers
  • Jewelry wire
  • Crimping tubes
  • Curb chain
  • Jump rings
  • Lobster clasp
  • Wire cutter
  • Flat nose pliers
  • Charm (optional)

Start by cutting a length of thin jewelry wire. Thread your crimping tube on it, loop and then thread it again onto the crimping tube. Make the loop relatively small before crimping your tube with flat-nose pliers. Cut off the excess wire and tuck the rest into the first pearl.


Alternately thread pearls and complimenting bead spacers, until you have the length that you desire (half of your bracelet). 


Now take another crimping tube and a jump ring, thread the crimping tube and then the jump ring and thread it back onto the crimping tube. Make a tight loop before crimping your wire. Tuck the end of the excess wire onto the pearl bead.


Measure a length of chain. Attach one end of your pearl strand with a jump ring. 


Add a lobster clasp on the other end of the chain. Attach a jump ring onto the pearl strand for the lobster clasp to connect to. 


Finally, add a charm if you desire - I added a tiny bow on mine to jazz it up a bit more. And you are done!


I do love how this project turned out - grown-up enough for parties and events, but not so classic looking, which is totally right up my alley. A special shout-out to House of Gems for the lovely freshwater pearls! Don't forget to check out their selection of pearls - there are lots of pretty ones!


Do you love pearls or do you have a hard time incorporating them into your wardrobe like I do? Let me know in the comments! I do love reading them - happy crafting, friends!

5 comments

  1. What an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearls are my favourite, but this mix of chain just adds a new dimension. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bracelet! I am going to make one...or two. Thank you for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top