DIY: Make a Bi-Weekly Planner from a Weekly Planner

I love my weekly planner from Michaels - I don't need to plan much, but I do love seeing what I need to accomplish in a span of time. Unfortunately each page is too big for me to fill, so I decided to divide it into a bi-weekly planner (I am a fan of bi-weekly schedulers - remember this project?). After months of having an unsightly planner born from the necessity of making it a bi-weekly planner, I had to do something - I hacked it to make it look like it really is a bi-weekly planner! Check out how I did it. 


Supplies:
Weekly planner
Scanner
Photoshop / Photo editor
Sticker paper
Printer


Let me show you what I've been working with ever since the start of the year. Hideous, right? I don't know what was going on in my head when I was using the highlighter - I really should've done this from the start!



Scan your weekly planner page - in my case, I wanted to match the colors and fonts of each day as close as possible. Using your Eyedropper tool, click the color your want to match. Now construct the same header - since mine is just a simple colored rectangle, I just matched it like so.


You also want to make sure the measurements are correct! Since I scanned mine at full size, I was able to just use the size I saw on screen and match it with the rectangle I needed to make. If not, you can always take your trusty ruler and measure it from your planner. 


Finally, match the font - I used What The Font to identify the font that was used for the days - and I knew it looked familiar! It was Trend and I already had it in my font library. If you can't find a match, find the closest, or play with the capitalization of letters - sometimes the forms differ from each other (as is the case with Trend).  


Don't forget to make the other days of the week, color-matching it to their specific color. 


Print your labels on some sticky paper and cut using scissors, an x-acto knife, or even a die-cutting machine for your convenience. 


Now all that's left to do is to stick it where you want it! The color of my Monday came out slightly off but I suspect that's because I am running low on magenta-colored ink. I won't share any file since I don't know if these planners are popular, but hey, if you have one and you want a file for it, just drop me a comment and I'll send it to you :) 


I still need to quit writing the dates like how I write them. But much better looking, eh? (Well, there's still the matter of the due box that I have been ignoring since I don't use it, but I just leave it there since it doesn't really bother me as much). 


I am so happy on how these turned out! I feel like I'll actually be motivated to write on it now. Haha! Hope you enjoyed this and don't forget to let me know if you did! Happy crafting, friends!

2 comments

  1. Hi I really like what you did. How much would you charge to create and Mail the stickers. Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saffy!

      I currently do not sell them - but there are a lot of similar ones on Etsy you can find! :)

      Delete

Back to Top