DIY: Faux Bois Tags using the Silhouette Curio

There's something about natural patterns and colors that remind me so much of fall - and since it's after Labor Day, it's pretty much fall already, isn't it? With this in mind, I wanted to create some woodland themed tags - and the challenge in that is creating a faux bois tag background. For years I've struggled with finding the perfect faux bois effect paper without breaking the bank, even going to great lengths to purchase a die-cutting/embossing machine that only did an okay job at it (I couldn't find a wood-grain folder that I liked). But Silhouette America graciously sent me my own Silhouette Curio to play with, and I was able to make my own faux bois background from my own sketch. 


It was definitely a trial and error process, and I haven't gotten fully used to my new machine, but I got there! 


Check out how I made it and download the free debossing and cut file by clicking any of the photos above or the link below! Happy crafting, friends!

No comments

Back to Top