DIY: Masquerade Mask Tee + Free Cut File and Template

The other day I shared a sneak peek on Instagram when I was sketching what I intended to be a skull. I was working on tracing it on Adobe Illustrator and my husband chimed in that it looked more like a masquerade mask than a skull. So I edited out the teeth and voila! Mask it is - and you know what, I love it like how it is now. It's perfect not only for Halloween but as a casual tee anytime of the year (of course bundling up is a good idea too in the colder months). Check out how I made it below, plus some tips if you don't have a die cutter and download the free files so you can make your own too!


Supplies:
  • Heat transfer vinyl (Vegas Gold)
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Template (download at the end of the post)


Download and trace the mask on Studio. Size according to your preference (mine was about 11" across). Cut and weed out the negative parts, and then iron it onto your shirt. Voila! I ironed mine onto a soft high-neck tee from Old Navy (just love those, and I got them on sale too). 


NO DIE-CUTTER? NO PROBLEM!
If you don't have a die-cutter, you can do this by hand as well - it's just going to take a bit more time. Print the template, spray some repositionable adhesive onto the back of the paper and stick it onto the backside of the HTV (non-glossy side). Cut away the negative parts using a craft knife, peel the template and iron the finished mask onto a shirt. And done!

I really love Halloween and all the dressing up that comes with it - how about you, what are you excited for during Halloween? Happy crafting, friends!

DOWNLOAD THIS HERE
Please remember these files are for personal use only and anything you make with it cannot be sold commercially. Please do not post the download link onto your blog or social media - but redirect them to this tutorial. Thank you so much!





4 comments

  1. The mask is so intricate, how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to ask, but what make/model/type of die cutting machine do you have? I want one for Christmas and I'd like to hear from an expert like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have a Silhouette Portrait, a Silhouette Curio and a Cricut Explore. I use my Silhouette Portrait the most as it is the most convenient to use in my opinion :)

      Delete

Back to Top