DIY: Faux Leather Monogrammed Pouch

Pouches are one of those things I cannot live without. I like my containers and I like my pens classified according to their specific purpose. I've been needing a pouch for my felt tip markers that I use for planning, and I thought I'd whip up a fun faux leather pouch from a faux leather remnant I got at the thrift store a few weeks back, and decided to spiffy it up with a monogram. Check out how easy it was!



Supplies:

Start by cutting your leather to size for your pouch. I ended up cutting two leather pieces sized at 8" x 5.5". Next, cut your letter. You can do this by tracing a sturdy letter template (made of cardboard or similar) on the back of your leather piece, and then cutting it out with your scissors. I took the easy way and cut my letter with my Silhouette Curio (cutting faux leather with your Curio? Here are some tips I've shared). 


Next, temporarily adhere your letter onto one of the faux leather pieces, just so it wouldn't move when you're sewing it down. I used an ATG for mine. 


Carefully and slowly sew the edges of your letter down with your sewing machine. It takes practice - I'm not that great at it! But I like how it turned out so it's all good. 


Finally, assemble your pouch. There are tons of tutorials on the web on how to make a pouch - here's a link to one I did a few years back


You may want to add a fun zipper pull - I whipped this diamond up really quick (cut using my Silhouette Curio again!)


And you are done! I love the diamond pull detail, and I think I'll be making other designs too. 






Did I mention that I love how it turned out? I may be making more this afternoon. It's a really fun way to make a custom pouch for family and friends - so come and craft this today. Happy crafting, friends!

No comments

Back to Top