DIY Embellished Felt Tablet Case

I love surrounding myself with positive and encouraging sayings so I created this DIY Embellished Felt Tablet Case. Have you ever wondered if you can apply heat transfer vinyl to a felt tablet case? I did, too!

felt folio case DIY with heat transfer

I have two folios that I always keep on hand - one for my iPad and another for my Wacom Tablet. Both are made of felt, and while they are nice and minimalist, I found myself wanting to embellish them with my own lettering.

Supplies:

heat transfer vinyl on felt case

Step 1. Create and cut your design on heat transfer vinyl - make sure you mirror it! I used one of my handlettered designs that you can purchase on my SVG shop here.
Step 2. Weed your design, removing all the negative parts and insides of letters and leaving just the wording. 
Step 3. Press your design with your iron or heat press.

Felt folio case with heat transfer

Full disclosure: I used my heat press, but could not close it, so I held it down as much as I could for 15 seconds at 165 celsius. As you can see. the letters are completely adhered and would not budge! I imagine you can definitely use an iron for this project, but make sure you put enough pressure on the transfer. 

Looking for more Heat Transfer projects? Check out these ones!

handlettered apron DIY at Crafts Unleashed

Mini Wall Hanging decor no sew

Adulting Bag

Do you have felt folio cases? What design would you add on them? Happy crafting, friends! 



No comments

Back to Top