DIY Please Stay Seated Bathroom Sign

If you know me, you know I love some toilet humor, specially as decor, in the bathroom. A few weeks ago I created this Please Stay Seated bathroom sign for above the toilet and I just had to share! It's so easy to make, and it seriously cracks me up every time I see it sitting on top of my toilet. I just love it!

please stay seated bathroom sign


Supplies:
  • 10" x 10" Pine wood
  • 1.5" Pine wood
  • Black paint
  • White paint
  • Stencil (download the free cut file here)
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Stain
  • Paintbrush
  • Miter box or Miter saw
  • Wood glue
  • Finish nails
  • Hammer

DIY wood sign

It's so easy to create this sign:

Step 1. If you don't have a miter saw, have your local hardware store cut the pine 1" x 10" wood for you into square pieces. Usually a 1 x 10" would be 9.5-9.75" wide, so make sure it's square or as close to it as possible. Have them cut the 1 x 1.5" wood as well to frame your main wood square, or use a miter box if you want to cut it yourself.

Step 2. Sand the surface and edges of the wood pieces. Paint the surface of your wood white, and while that is drying, stain the smaller wood piece frames.

Step 3. Apply the stencil on the wood, and apply a coat of white on top of it to prevent the top color paint bleeding through the stencil.

Step 4. Paint over the stencil with the black (or any top color paint you would like). Leave it to dry.

Step 5. Remove the vinyl stencil. If you are having problems removing them, try heating the surface up with a blow dryer to warm up the adhesive and make it easier for you to remove it.

Step 6. Attach the framing with wood glue and finish nails, and you are done!

bathroom sign diy decor

Here's how it looks on top of my toilet. We recently moved and I still haven't fully settled in so it's so nice to have something decorating my bland bathroom. What kind of decor do you have in your bathroom?

Interested in other signs and free files? Check out these posts for more ideas!

Father's Day Gone Fishing DIY Sign

funny bathroom sign

DOWNLOAD HERE:


No comments

Back to Top